Filter Paper Usage And Operation Process
How to use filter paper
The filter paper used in the experiment was used together with instruments such as a filter funnel and a Buchner funnel. The filter paper needs to be folded into a suitable shape before using it. The usual folding method is to fold the filter paper into a flower shape. The higher the folding degree of filter paper is, the larger the surface area can be provided, and the better the filtering effect is. However, please pay attention to not overfolding , so as not to cause the rupture of filter paper. Place the drained glass rod on the multi-layer filter paper with uniform force to avoid damage to the filter paper.
Filter paper operation process
1. Fold the filter paper in half and fold it twice in a row to form a 90° central Angle.
2. Put the stacked filter paper into three layers on one side and open on the other side to form a funnel.
3. Put the funnel shaped filter paper into the funnel, the edge of the filter paper is lower than the edge of the funnel, add water into the funnel mouth, place the wet filter paper close to the inner wall of the funnel, and then pour out the remaining water for use.
4. The filter paper-filled funnel is placed on a filter funnel holder (such as the ring of the iron stand), and a beaker or test tube that receives the filtrate is placed under the funnel neck and the funnel neck tip is placed against the wall of the receiving container.
5. When injecting the liquid to be filtered into the funnel, hold the liquid beaker on the right and hold the glass rod on the left. The lower end of the glass rod is close to the lower side of the three layers of the funnel, so that the cup mouth is close to the glass rod, and the liquid to be filtered flows out along the mouth of the cup. The slope of the glass rod is inclined to flow into the funnel and flow to the liquid in the funnel. The liquid level cannot exceed the height of the filter paper in the funnel.
6. When the liquid passes through the filter paper and flows down the neck of the funnel, check to see if the liquid flows down the wall of the cup and feed it to the bottom of the cup. Otherwise, the beaker or the rotating funnel should be moved so that the tip of the funnel is firmly attached to the wall of the beaker, so that the liquid can slowly flow down the inner wall of the beaker.