Operation process of filter paper
1. Fold the filter paper in half, twice in a row, and fold it into a 90° center angle.
2. Put the stacked filter paper into three layers on one side and one layer on the other to form a funnel.
3. Then the filter will be in a funnel-shape and put into the funnel. Pour some water into the funnel mouth to make the wet filter paper abut against the inner wall of the funnel, and then pour off the remaining water for use
4. Place the funnel with the filter paper on the filter funnel holder (such as the ring of the iron stand), place the beaker or test tube that receives the filter under the funnel neck, and place the tip of the funnel neck against the wall of the receiving container.
5. When injecting the liquid to be filtered into the funnel, hold the liquid beaker on the right hand, and hold the glass rod on the left. The lower end of the glass rod is close to the lower side of the three layers of the funnel so that the cup mouth is close to the glass rod, and the liquid to be filtered flows out along the cup mouth. Then, the glass rod is inclined, and the liquid flows into the funnel. The liquid level cannot exceed the height of the filter paper in the funnel.
6. Check to see if the liquid flows down the wall of the cup and feed it to the bottom of the cup when the liquid passes through the filter paper and flows down the funnel neck. Otherwise, the beaker should be moved or funnel rotated to make the tip of the funnel is firmly attached to the wall of the beaker to allow the liquid to slowly flow down the inner wall of the beaker.
Click here to know The Difference Between Qualitative and Quantitative Filter Paper