Filter Paper Selection Factor
A. Filter paper selection factor
1. The effective area is large, that is, the filtering use area is large, Dust absorption capacity, small resistance, long service life, and of course the cost is correspondingly increased.
2. The thinner the fiber diameter. The better the interception effect, the higher the filtering efficiency.
3. Filter material binder content is high, high tensile strength of the paper, high filtration efficiency, less hair loss, filter material background dust, good resistance, but the corresponding increase in resistance
B. The ways to use filter paper
1. Using filter paper in the laboratory together with the filter funnel and the Buchner funnel. The filter paper needs to be folded into a proper shape before using it.
2. The usual folding method is to fold the filter paper into a flower shape. The higher the folding degree of filter paper is, the larger the surface area can be provided, and the better the filtering effect is. However, excessive folding cannot lead to the rupture of filter paper. Place the drained glass rod on the multi-layer filter paper and apply even force to avoid damage to the filter paper.
C. Filter paper operation process
1. Fold the filter paper in half and fold it twice in succession to form a 90 degree central Angle.
2. Open one side of the stacked filter paper ，and then open the other side to form a funnel.
3. Load the funnel filter paper into the funnel. The filter paper is lower than the funnel side, and some water is poured into the funnel mouth ,making the wet filter paper stick to the inner wall of the funnel, and the remaining water is poured out for use.
D. Is the filter paper an instrument?
In general, filter paper is a chemical product, not an instrument. Filter paper is a filter tool commonly found in chemical laboratories. The common shape is round and is made of cotton fiber. In analytical chemistry applications, the residue collected on the filter paper after the inorganic compound has been separated by filtration, can be used to calculate the rate of wastage during the experiment.
For more information, please search our website(www.hawach.com). Also can send email to our sales, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We are ready to answer your any question.All we want to do is to let the lab and our clients to achieve their dreams.