Filter Paper Selection Factor
A. Filter paper selection factor
1. The effective area is large, that is, the filtering use area is large, the dust holding capacity is large, the resistance is small, the service life is long, and of course the cost is correspondingly increased.
2. The finer the fiber diameter. The better the interception effect, the higher the filtering efficiency.
3. The binder content in the filter material is high, the tensile strength of the paper is high, the filtration efficiency is higher, the hair loss phenomenon is less, the filter material background is less dusty, the resistance is good, but the resistance is correspondingly increased.
B. The ways to use filter paper
1. Using filter paper in the laboratory together with the filter funnel and the Buchner funnel. The filter paper needs to be folded into a suitable shape before use.
2. A common folding method is to fold the filter paper into a flower-like shape. The higher the folding degree of the filter paper, the higher the surface area that can be provided, and the better the filtering effect, but do not over-fold and cause the filter paper to rupture. Place the drained glass rod on the multi-layer filter paper and apply even force to avoid damage to the filter paper.
C. Filter paper operation process
1. The filter paper is folded in half, two times in succession, and folded into a 90 degree central angle shape.
2. The stacked filter paper is opened on one side and the other side is opened to form a funnel.
3. Load the funnel filter paper into the funnel. The filter paper is lower than the funnel side, and some water is poured into the funnel mouth to make the wet filter paper abut against the inner wall of the funnel, and then the remaining water is poured off and used.
D. Is the filter paper an instrument?
In general, filter paper is a chemical product, not an instrument. Filter paper is a filter tool commonly found in chemical laboratories. The common shape is round and is made of cotton fiber. In analytical chemistry applications, the residue collected on the filter paper after the inorganic compound has been separated by filtration, can be used to calculate the rate of wastage during the experiment.
For more information, please search our website(www.hawach.com). Also can send email to our sales, the email address is email@example.com. We are ready to answer your any question.All we want to do is to let the lab and our clients to achieve their dreams.