How to Selection the Qualitative and Quantitative Filter Paper?
Qualitative filter paper is mainly used for general qualitative analysis and for filtering precipitation or suspension in solution. Qualitative filter paper roll cannot be used for quality analysis.
Qualitative filter paper and quantitative filter paper also have three types: slow, medium, and fast. There are three points to pay attention to when filtering solutions with qualitative filter paper roll:
1. As the mechanical strength and toughness of the filter paper are relatively low, use suction filtration as little as possible. If the filtration speed must be accelerated, in order to prevent filtration failure due to filtration, when the air pump is filtered, it can be stacked in the funnel according to the suction force. 2 to 3 layers of filter paper, when using vacuum filtration, leaking. Put a layer of dense filter cloth first, then put filter paper on it to filter.
2. The filter paper is best not to filter hot concentrated sulfuric acid or nitric acid solution.
3. Generally, natural filtration is used to separate liquids and solid by using the filter paper body and the ability to trap solid particles.
Quantitative filter paper
Quantitative filter paper has a smooth surface, extremely low ash content, strong load capacity, good filtering effect, and ideal particle interception effect. Quantitative vacuum filter paper is mainly used in the gravimetric analysis trial production test and the corresponding analysis experiment in quantitative chemical analysis.
Three filter papers with different flow rates are specially designed to meet the needs of users with different purposes: fast, medium, and slow. Different types of filter papers have different physical and chemical indicators. Quantitative vacuum filter paper has different sizes and specifications, taking into account the filtration speed and particle interception effect, and is mainly used for the determination of cement marks in industrial production, environmental monitoring, and laboratory quantitative analysis.
Quantitative vacuum filter paper has good filtration absorption performance and considerable compressive strength. It is suitable for filtering industrial organic suspended liquids such as petroleum, chemical products, and industrial oils to separate solid and semi-solid impurities. For example, the supporting filter press filters various organic liquids such as transformer oil, turbine oil, molten paraffin grease synthetic resin, dioctyl sebacate, etc. It is also suitable for filtering water or other inorganic liquid suspensions.
Uses: lubricating oil refining, oil refineries, petroleum additives, catalysts, vegetable oils, water filters, paints, coatings, power capacitors, transformers, oleochemicals, fine chemicals, resins, electric power bureaus, power plants, gold mines.
The following points should be considered in the selection of filter paper:
1. The effective area is large, that is, the filter paper uses a large area, the dust holding capacity is large, the resistance is small, and the service life is long. Of course, the cost will increase accordingly.
2. Fiber diameter the finer the fiber diameter, the better the interception effect and the correspondingly higher filtration efficiency.
3. The content of the binder in the filter material the higher the binder content, the higher the tensile strength of the paper, the higher the filtration efficiency, the less the linting phenomenon, the lower the dust accumulation of the filter material, the good resistance, but the corresponding increase in resistance.