Laboratory Quantitative Filter Paper
Hawach filter paper is offered in a convenient form, which has obvious advantages as follows, increased total loading capacity because more filter area is available, decreased overall filtration time because the extra surface area is exposed, matched numerous applications because of a combined wide choice of retention and flow rate. Additionally, it constantly maintains a guaranteed quality, reproducibility and uniformity for all filters with using the superior quality raw materials.
Application of Filter Paper
Hawach Scientific supplied a wide range of filter papers and extended selection of sizes to meet customer’s specific needs. It can be applied to different applications and used for clarifying liquids. A team of experienced engineers provides prompt and quality service to customers at all times.
Besides, advanced technology and hi-tech machines can yield excellent products and guarantee the efficiency and quality of products. The whole process of manufacturing is untouched by hand from the pulping stage to the finished product, which can strictly prevent products from contamination. The materials are continuously monitored for quality control, constant laboratory tests are conducted to check filtration efficiency and other performance.
How to Use Filter Paper
The specific methods of using filter paper are as follows:
1. Fold the filter paper twice and fold it into a right-angled shape.
2. Open the nearest layer of the folded filter paper and open it to form a funnel.
3. Put the folded funnel-shaped filter paper into the funnel, pay attention to the edge of the filter paper must be lower than the funnel edge.
4. Pour some clear water into the mouth of the funnel so that the filter paper inside the funnel is completely wet, close to the inner wall of the funnel, and then pour out the remaining clean water.
5. Place the funnel on the funnel rack. The neck of the lower end of the funnel must be close to the container wall below.
6. Hold the beaker in your right hand and the glass rod in your left hand. Put the glass rod near the beaker mouth. Place the glass rod under the filter paper at the bottom of the funnel. Slowly pour out the liquid in the beaker and flow into the container below.
Quantitative filter paper is mainly used for weighing analysis experiments after filtration, namely gravimetric analysis tests in quantitative chemical analysis and corresponding analysis tests. The ash weight of each filter paper after ashing is a fixed value. Qualitative filter paper is used for general filtration, namely qualitative chemical analysis, and corresponding filtration separation.
In the manufacturing process of quantitative filter paper, the pulp is treated by hydrofluoric acid and hydrochloric acid, and washed by distilled water to remove most impurities in the paper fiber, so the residual ash after burning is very little, which has little impact on the analysis results, and is suitable for precise quantitative analysis. The amount of ash produced after ashing does not exceed 0.007%.
1. Ashless – extremely low ash content <0.007%
2. We provide from the slow, medium, fast flow rate
3. The residual ash content is very little and has little influence on the analysis results
Hawach technical data of quantitative filter paper
|Filtration Speed||Ash Content
|BIO-43||16μm||Smooth||Medium to Fast||<0.007||84||>140|